What we ate:
- Tomato and red pepper soup, using a jar of mild salsa left over from New Year’s Eve
- Pea and Ham soup using the ham stock I froze after Christmas (the cooking juices from simmering the ham in cider)
- Beans on toast
- Ham, cheese and onion tart
- Corned beef hash and red cabbage
- Spaghetti Bolognaise
- Stew made from the last of the spiced beef (I thought I’d posted that recipe but evidently not. I’ll put that right soon)
- Chicken Piccata using up lemons left from Christmas
- Home made pizza with left over bolognaise on top
- Roast chicken dinner. Our butcher has a permanent 2 chickens for £6.99 offer, which is excellent value. I roast one and either freeze the other, or poach it whole and make chicken soup.
- Risotto using left over roast chicken and broad beans from the freezer. Delicious.
- Wholemeal bread, jam tarts and cookies
What I spent:
I had a big non-grocery expense this week; new glasses. But by taking advantage of Specsavers’ offers I got a free eye test and a two-for-one for varifocals.
Savings: I changed my O2 mobile contract to a £9 per month sim-only offer, saving about £15 per month
I used the Asda price match guarantee and got a vouchers for 54p!
I walked to work as usual on Wednesday but detoured to Ace & Eddie’s stall, and came away with 2 massive bags of veg for £6. I need a little trolley….
Total grocery spend this week: £84.75
Thanks for reading. Comments are welcome!