I’m so indecisive!! I’ve spent the last week or so pulling out fabrics from my stash, lining up TNT and new patterns, and wasting hours on Pinterest trying to come up with a collection that’s a) sewable and b) wearable!
Anyhow, I had to decide about the Piano Shawl (see previous posts), and because I wasn’t totally confident about using it I folded it up, put it away and thought again.
My other current obsession is Kantha quilting, especially on garments, and I thought about making a fabulous vest as the central garment.
|Ikea Gurli throw|
I’m also keen to make a red trench coat. I bought the fabric last year and I have 3 patterns to choose from: Ottobre magazine featured a pretty floral trench last summer, I have the Robson, and I also have a vintage vogue pattern. I’ll make a hybrid. I have a pretty blue and white cotton remnant that will make a nice lining.
That’s two of the wildcards. The third is a shift dress I started last summer but as I was losing weight I only got as far as tacking it together. It’s a lovely hand loomed indian cotton, in an Ikat design of blues with subtle pinks and greens. Under the tops it makes another skirt.
1) a pale blue chambray shirt that could be worn over the other tops or the dress, (no fabric yet)
2) from the same pattern but omitting the sleeves, a sleeveless ivory silk shirt. (from the stash)
3) A breton stripe top (from the stash)
4) A navy crepe top (no fabric yet)
5) A drapey ivory sweater, sheer so it will need a cami under, loose enough to wear over the other tops, the dress, or by itself. (I have something sheer in the stash but I might buy something else)
1) A navy cotton twill chino-style skirt
2) Smart-ish navy trousers, probably Style Arc Barbs.
3) Definitely a skirt, patterned, pulling in colours from all the other garments. Possibly reversible, possibly pieced/embellished. Other than that, undecided.
I’m quite pleased with the overall look: I was aiming for casual but stylish and relaxed. And a spring/summer collection seemed appropriate given the end of April deadline.
|Spring into Summer SWAP: colours and styles|