This recipe is adapted from a post by laalosh.com. It’s full of recipes that have had the WW points calculated ready for you.
You can see the original recipe at http://www.laaloosh.com/2014/04/15/chicken-bacon-ranch-pasta-recipe/
- 1/2 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, chopped into bite sized pieces or strips
- 6 slices lean back bacon, cooked
- 8 oz whole wheat pasta, uncooked
- ranch seasoning mix
- 1 cup skimmed milk
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar, grated
- 2 spring onions, chopped finely
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- Cook bacon in a heavy dry non-stick pan until crisp, then drain on paper towels. Chop bacon when cool enough to handle. Wipe the pan and put back on a medium heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, and add to the pan, and cook until no longer pink and becomes golden brown, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add in milk, ranch seasoning and cornflour, and stir well. Cook until thick and bubbling. Add cheddar cheese and 1/2 of the reserved bacon. Cook, stirring regularly until cheese is melted. If sauce becomes too thick, thin it out with some chicken stock as needed.
- Spoon sauce over pasta, and serve with remaining bacon and spring onions sprinkled on top.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
WW ProPoints 6
Points calculated online at http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk, and are not an official Weight Watchers total.
Thanks for reading!
If you really like a post please share, Like on Facebook, Stumble and give it a THUMBS UP or Pin It on Pinterest!
Comments are welcome!